What makes Whetstone Heart Health Center different than other nursing facilities?
While many senior care providers claim to be the best, few can truly back that claim. We stand behind our claim so much that we’ve made it our mission: to provide personalized, uncompromised healthcare. Unlike traditional nursing homes, Whetstone’s cardiac care and rehabilitation center operates as part of a care community, where patients are instrumental in decisions about their treatment plans and each day is lived to the fullest. Exclusive features of our heart health center include:
- All staff specially trained on how to monitor and respond to early signs and symptoms of heart failure
- Private rooms dedicated for cardiac patients
- Individualized plan of care
- Activity tolerance monitoring
- Cardiac-focused physical and occupational therapy
- Disease management classes and support group offerings
- Comprehensive discharge planning and follow-up care
- Heart health bistro menu
Whetstone Heart Health & Rehab Center is locally owned and operated
While some senior care communities, specialized cardiac care centers, skilled nursing centers and post-hospital rehabilitation centers are parts of national chains, Whetstone is locally owned and operated by The MacIntosh Company. Since 1998, we’ve lovingly served the residents of Columbus, Ohio.
Our quality measures up!
As one of our company’s two heart health centers, The MacIntosh Heart Heath Center at Whetstone’s quality measurement tools are monitored daily. We track each patient's participation in all aspects of the center's program offerings, their increase in knowledge and understanding of their condition, and success in accomplishing the goal of self-managing their heart disease in the home environment.
- 14% re-hospitalization rate of patients with cardiac disease compared to the national average of 19%
- 40% average patient post test score increase after finishing our program
- 100% heart health patients recommend the program
- We are a preferred partner of the OSU Ross Heart Hospital
Patient-directed care ensures Whetstone Heart Health Center guests live each day to their fullest potential
Personalized healthcare means every resident within Whetstone Heart Health Center, along with the support of their family, remains instrumental to making decisions about their care. We respect these personal preferences to provide an atmosphere where residents can truly thrive as individuals. Uncompromised healthcare means each community is consistently well maintained, quality standards never waver, and residents maintain the highest quality of life without fail.
To learn more about the Whetstone Heart Health & Rehab Center difference, call (614) 457-1100.
“I had a triple bypass and from the advice of my cardiologist at OSU Ross Heart Hospital, they recommended Whetstone for rehabilitation. The education I received from the cardiac transition coach made me realize I need to make lifestyle changes. The human touch they provided was amazing.”