- All staff specially trained on how to monitor and respond to early signs and symptoms of heart failure
- Patient rooms dedicated for Cardiac patients
- Individualized plan of care guided by a clinical cardiac transition coach
- Activity tolerance monitoring
- Cardiac-focused physical and occupational therapy
- Disease management classes and support groups
- Comprehensive discharge planning and follow-up care
Mission and Values Play an Integral Role Here
At the MacIntosh Company it's about expectations, focusing care and service delivery above what is expected. Every member of our team, at each of our central Ohio healthcare communities and our home health agency, is committed to ensuring that you or your loved one has the opportunity to enjoy the best possible experience. In fact, exceeding expectations is so ingrained in our minds and our culture that we've made it our mission:
Our priority is to provide uncompromised, personalized health care services that exceed expectations.
We work to achieve that mission each and every day by employing a set of core values that speak not only to who we are, but what we believe in and how we treat one another.
The MacIntosh University
The MacIntosh Company offers access to the most comprehensive online library of continuing Education and In-service courses for the long-term care industry. Relias Academy is an online university that offers courses for Administrators, Nurses, Aides and Therapists.
The MacIntosh Company recognizes our employees commitment to their profession. This easily accessible educational benefit enhances each employees experience regarding quality, compliance and best practices. Access to learning is available 24/7 with Macintosh University and it is just an internet connection away.
The MacIntosh Company focuses on the customers overall experience, striving for excellence in all areas of care and service delivery. As an avenue to measure our success and opportunities, we utilize a third party survey resource that allows us to gain honest feedback about a customer's experience as well as benchmark our results regionally and nationally. The greatest compliment is when our patients recommend our services and provide a high rating of service.
- 92% recommend our post hospital care services
- 100% rating for overall quality of rehab services
- 93% rating in overall quality of clinical care
- 92% rating for impression of how they were treated by the staff
The MacIntosh Heart Heath Centers have been established for greater than 2 years. As part of the program implementation, quality measurement tools were developed and are monitored and managed on a daily basis. We track patient's participation in all aspects of the center's program offerings, their increase in knowledge and understanding of their condition and success in accomplishing the goal of self-managing their heart disease in the home environment.
- 14% re-hospitalization rate compared to the national average of 19%
- 40% average patient post test score increase after finishing our program
- 100% Heart Health patients that would recommend the program
Ohio Department of Health Surveys
The state and federal government play a significant role in monitoring care quality within nursing centers. Regular, thorough inspections are completed annually. You can find details of our Monterey's most recent survey results at www.medicare.gov.
Person Centered Care
Our centers strive to give decision-making directly to our residents and their support partners while integrating all aspects of daily life in which residents can truly thrive and grow as individuals.
Person-centered care refers to the practice of basing key daily care decisions on individual preferences. Each MacIntosh center has a committee of personnel and residents that routinely meet to discuss our programming and where they would like to see us expand. We believe that embracing a resident-centered model of long-term care changes the atmosphere for both residents and staff, which makes our centers better places to work and to live. We have established center specific core programs of:
- Permanent staffing assignments
- Dining services: improved dining experience with healthy options readily available
- Bathing choice: each resident chooses the time of day and frequency of their bathing
- Natural rising: each resident wakes in the morning when they choose.
- Restful nights
- Bereavement recognition
- Neighborhood naming: The majority of our centers have chosen to embrace the idea of naming long term care areas within their center and identifying them as neighborhoods. The idea of naming each neighborhood is to create an additional sense community.
The MacIntosh Company is headquartered in Hilliard, Ohio and provides health care services in Franklin and eight surrounding counties. Within the MacIntosh Network we have five healthcare centers and four assisted living centers, a home care and home health care company and a hospice company. We are large enough to provide the most current care, programs and treatments, yet small enough to provide care in a personalized, uncompromised way. Experience the MacIntosh Difference.
Personalized. Uncompromised. Healthcare.