“Inpatient Rehabilitation shortens the road to recovery getting you home safe!”
West Park Rehabilitation Center and Skilled Nursing is a trusted source for post hospital rehabilitative care. Our inpatient post hospital rehab and recovery center is designed for those recently discharged from the hospital due to an illness, injury or scheduled surgery. We believe a hospital stay can be life changing to the mind and body. For that reason we have designed our post hospital rehabilitation program with the intention of treating the whole person. Our medical and therapy team, environment, services and programs work with collective purpose and energy so that you, our guest, can rehabilitate, recharge and recommit to living your best life.
Post Hospital Rehab Services
Our comprehensive therapy services include Physical, Occupational and Speech therapy. A personalized plan of care is designed for each individual patient to focus on specific outcomes supporting independence, mobility and self-care. This plan of care is implemented by our experienced therapy team. They make it their personal mission to exceed your expectations. After a short stay each patient discharges home or to the next level of care with a renewed sense of self confidence and an improved level of function.
- Initial assessments are completed upon admission
- Assessments last 30-60 minutes, during which the therapist will discuss your level of function prior to admission and evaluate your current status
- A plan of care will be established centered on YOUR personal goals and functional abilities
- Therapy offered up to 7 days a week, based on your individual needs and physical condition
- Our therapists work closely with an interdisciplinary team, including your physician, to monitor your progress and make recommendations to maximize your recovery
- Therapy sessions are generally 30-90 minutes in length per discipline
- We recommend that you wear loose-fitting clothing that allows movement and proper footwear during therapy sessions
- •In-Home Therapy Assessments are available when appropriate
Post Hospital Medical Services
While many focus attention on the rehab portion of their stay, it is truly the medical team that guides a patient's overall recovery success. Through our full complement of highly trained medical care staff, our center offers patients the opportunity to regain their highest level of function prior to returning home.
The Medical Director and attending physicians direct and coordinate medical services. Physician driven programs are designed to meet the individual needs of each patient through a customized treatment plan.
- Director of Nursing:
Each patient's plan of care is overseen by the Director of Nursing, who guides daily clinical operations and ensures care is provided in a positive environment that enhances dignity and wellbeing.
- Nurses and Nursing Assistants:
Our skilled nurses and state tested nursing assistants deliver quality care with unparalleled professionalism. Nursing care is provided around the clock, seven days a week.
- Clinical Programs:
Our clinical programs focus on pain management, wound or surgical site healing, respiratory concerns, medication management, IV care, nutritional support, restorative nursing, hospice and respite care
pharmacy services, laboratory services, X-ray services, podiatry, dental, optometry, psychological and interdisciplinary meetings with the patient and family to discuss updates and discharge planning.
Throughout a patient's stay our medical team works with patients and their families providing tools and education to be self-sufficient and successful once they return home.
Extended Care Services
Our extended care community accommodates residents that need a greater level of assistance with daily living tasks. Our communities offer a comfortable, friendly environment. Whether your loved one needs long term care, respite care or assisted living, you can rest assured your loved one will be safe, secure and cared for by compassionate qualified professionals.
A variety of accommodations are available in our extended care community, including fully furnished private, semi-private and deluxe semi-private rooms as well as suites. All are equipped with half baths and free basic cable services.
Person Centered Care:
Our centers strive to give decision-making directly to our residents and their support partners while integrating all aspects of daily life in which residents can truly thrive and grow as individuals.
Person-centered care refers to the practice of basing key daily care decisions on individual preferences. Each MacIntosh center has a committee of personnel and residents that routinely meet to discuss our programming and where they would like to see us expand. We believe that embracing a resident-centered model of long-term care changes the atmosphere for both residents and staff, which makes our centers better places to work and to live. We have established center specific core programs of:
- Permanent staffing assignments
- Dining services: improved dining experience with healthy options readily available
- Bathing choice: each resident chooses the time of day and frequency of their bathing
- Natural rising: each resident wakes in the morning when they choose.
- Restful nights
- Bereavement recognition
- Neighborhood naming: The majority of our centers have chosen to embrace the idea of naming long term care areas within their center and identifying them as neighborhoods. The idea of naming each neighborhood is to create an additional sense community.
The continuum of care with the MacIntosh Company
West Park offers a full range of person-centered nursing care, specialized post hospital care, rehabilitation services and memory care in a serene and dignified setting. By offering these different levels of care, you or your loved one can move from one type of care to another, as medical needs change, without leaving our community. This provides convenience and consistent care to ease transition and provide peace of mind.