We are thrilled to help our residents safely reunite with their families! Understanding risk, but also recognizing the benefits of visits with loved ones, MacIntosh Care Center residents will be able to enjoy SCHEDULED OUTDOOR VISITATION. Beginning July 20th, with stringent visitation policies to mitigate the risks to our population, we will be coordinating in-person outdoor visitation with residents and their families at our communities.
Please note that some of our centers will be delayed in opening for visitation, we encourage you to contact your loved one’s center to check their abilities and schedule a visitation time. Our centers must adhere to strict criteria and guidance provided by the CDC and Ohio Department of Health (ODH) in order to host visitations during these times.
Scheduling of visits: All visits will be scheduled with the care centers. Visiting days and hour offerings may differ by MacIntosh community. Please let us know at your earliest convenience if you are not able to keep your scheduled visit. In the case of inclement weather conditions, a MacIntosh team member may call families to reschedule visits.
Frequency of visits: At this time, visit times will be limited. We ask that you schedule no more than 1 visit within the first 2 weeks so that we can accommodate as many of our families as possible. We appreciate your patience as we ease into this process. We will work to increase our visitation capacity based on how well the initial phase goes.
Self-assessment: Prior to your visit, please do a self-assessment of how you are feeling and kindly postpone your visit if you believe you could be putting our residents and staff at risk. We will be happy to add you to the schedule another day.
Visiting area: There will be an outside designated Care Center visitation space or tent.
Visit length: Each scheduled visit is limited to 30 minutes. Time requirements are necessary to allow for the initial screening process, sanitation of visiting areas and accommodation of visitation for all residents and guests.
Number of visitors: There is a limit of 2 assigned visitors per resident. Only one guest may visit at a time. (Time can be divided between 2 visitors). Visitors must be 18 years of age. We are sorry but we are not allowing pets to visit for the time being.
- Please bring a face mask with you and wear it upon your arrival to our community.
- A MacIntosh team member will escort you to the tent or visiting area.
- Please use hand sanitizer supplied in the tent/visiting area upon entry.
- A screening process for all guests will be administered by a MacIntosh team member that includes a health assessment and temperature reading.
- Education will be provided to the resident and guest(s) about the spread of COVID-19 and important safety measures.
- Visits will be timed according to the schedule so that we can ensure all families are able to enjoy quality time with their loved one.
- Once your visit has concluded please use hand sanitizer and exit the tent in a timely manner.
- Please be aware we do not have public facilities available to visitors, so use the restroom prior to your arrival.
Supervised visits: A member of our team will bring your loved one to the designated area for visitation. For the safety of our residents, staff, and visitors, it is necessary for a MacIntosh employee to supervise visitations to ensure full compliance with mitigation strategies.
During the visit
- Masks must remain on the resident and guest(s) throughout the entirety of the visit.
- Residents and visitors may not leave the designated visiting area.
- 6 feet social distancing is required at all times. No physical touch will be permissible.
- No food/beverage/tobacco products will be permitted during visitation. MacIntosh will provide a complementary bottle of water.
- Be mindful of the time. Plan to wrap up your visit timely, being considerate of others with scheduled visits following yours.
Personal belongings/gift items: All items brought from home for a resident must follow MacIntosh’s policy for allowable items, sanitation processes and delayed deliveries. A MacIntosh team member will take items upon arrival for the visit to appropriately process them.
Conditions under which visitation may be changed: MacIntosh will continue to monitor our ability to meet safe environmental conditions. Visitation is subject to change if we are not able to maintain risk mitigation strategies to ensure the safety of our residents, staff, and visitors. Visitation may be limited or discontinued if environmental or resident risk increases individually or community-wide.
If you should have any questions, please contact your loved one’s center. Please keep in mind that the MacIntosh Company is continuing to follow state and federal guidelines to ensure the safety and well-being of our residents and staff.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience during this time. Although things may look a little different right now, we are happy to welcome you back!